I love tacos, but sometimes you have to serve something else. Presenting Taco Soup! It’s like tacos, but technically a soup! You can cook it in the crock pot or on the stove, as your day requires. You can freeze it in a gallon zip top bag and eat on it later!
Turkey Taco Soup – Crock Pot Or Stove Top
- 2 15 oz can Black Beans Drained
- 2 15 oz can Pinto Beans Drained
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes Use the kind with chilies for a spicy soup!
- 2 15 lz can sweet corn drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Pound ground turkey
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce If you want to spice it up!
- For Crock Pot:1. Add everything to your crock pot except the turkey. Stir it, cover it with the lid, and set it on low for 3-6 hours. It will be fine on warm for longer if you need it to take 8 hours.2. Cook the ground turkey in a skillet with an additional sprinkle of taco seasoning until it is well cooked. You can do this ahead of time and store it in the fridge until dinner.3. Add turkey to the crock pot until it’s warmed, serve with cheese, chips, sour cream, or whatever else sounds good to you!For Stove Top:1. Add all ingredients except for the turkey to your large pot. Cook on medium high heat until it is boiling.2. Cook the turkey in a skillet with a sprinkle of taco seasoning until well cooked. Add to the soup pot.3. Simmer at low for about 10 minutes. It will be find longer if needed.4. Serve with your favorite taco toppings; grated cheese, chips, sour cream, etc.
I pair it with my family’s favorite Corn Bread recipe!