Okay, these are amazing. Prepare to make this at least twice the week you make it. They disappear FAST. I have never considered myself a cookie-bar person, but these have changed my mind. They’re perfect to eat with your coffee or tea, or bribe your kids with.
Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Coconut Cookie Bar
- 2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbls vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz bag dark chocolate chips about 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment or non-stick spray/grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients but the chocolate chips.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Turn into your prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The edges should be just brown. Do not over-bake.
- Allow bars to cool 30 minutes before cutting.