Slow-cooked chicken. Cheese. Pasta. It’s a family-wide hit every time! This is one I keep in rotation because the kids request it! Slow cook your chicken all day, mix everything into the crock pot a few minutes before you serve and there you are! Pair it with a salad and some Corn Bread, and you’re all set!
I have included in the notes of the recipe the changes I make to accommodate everyone in our family.
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Penne Pasta
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts about 3-4 breasts
- 2 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup do not add water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup mushrooms sliced or diced
- 1 small sweet yellow onion diced
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb penne pasta cook according to the box
- In the crock pot add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Stir briefly until smooth.
- Add the seasonings, mushrooms, and onion (mushrooms can be left out of the recipe if desired). Stir.
- Place chicken breasts on the mixture.
- Cover with the lid and set the crock pot on low for 6 hours. Let it cook without lifting the lid.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. You can cook it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge, or cook just before the slow cooker will be finished.
- When the chicken is done cooking at the 6 hour mark, removed it to a plate and shred it with two forks. After it is shredded, return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the plain Greek yogurt and the cheese.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta and stir. Allow to cook about 10 minutes until everything is warmed through.
- Serve! This dish reheats just fine, so don’t avoid extras!