My family has been trying to find recipes we like using ingredients we don’t usually use. Sweet potatoes are a veggie I did not grow up eating, so I’ve been experimenting with using it. This recipe is delicious and has totally sold me on sweet potatoes! You can make it extra spicy or leave that out.
Chicken and Sweet Potato Chowder – Crock Pot or Stove Top
- 1 pound boneless chicken breat (or roast a chicken, use all meat)
- 1 pound sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder add more for a spicier flavor!
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt add more to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Stove Top: 1. For the best chicken in the world, roast it for 3 hours in a La Chomba pot in the oven at 350 degrees. Then shred the chicken off to use in the chowder. Save the carcass to make chicken stock.2. Put all ingredients but the heavy cream into a large pot at medium high heat. When the sweet potato is cooked through, add the heavy cream and let it warm through, about 10 minutes.3. Serve!Crock Pot:1. Put all the ingredients but the heavy cream into the crock pot.2. Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours until chicken is fully cooked through.3. Remove chicken and shred, then return to the crock pot.4. Add heavy cream and cook another 15 minutes until warmed through.5. Serve!