I LOVE coconut. These chewy coconut cookies are actually coconut-ty enough for me! These cookies are super easy and were a big hit at my house.
Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, cream all the wet ingredients in another bowl and combine them with the dry. Fold in the coconut.
Scoop dollops with your cookie scoop onto baking sheets with silicone liners. I fit a dozen on each sheet. They do spread, so give them a couple of inches of space.
Bake them about 8-10 minutes, watch them because every oven is different. Pull them out when the edges are just barely browned and the centers still a bit gooey. Leave them to cool on the pan so they can finish baking while they cool. Give them at least 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
You could throw in some white chocolate chips to spice them up, or toffee bits. Prepare to make them often, they are soo good!
Chewy Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- Carefully add the wet ingredients to the dry. When combined, add the coconut.
- When the coconut is incorporated into the batter, use a 1.75″ cookie scoop to drop dollops onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just browned. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet about 10 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.