I love coconut and chocolate. SO much. I also love almond flavoring in my cookies. This cookies combine all three into an amazing little cookie! They are shockingly good.
I use a 1″ cookie scoop to portion out the balls.
Almond Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
Like an Almond Joy but in cookie form! Coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds combine to be the perfect cookie.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp coconut extract if you don’t have it, you can leave it out
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp corn startch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds or crush whole almonds
- 1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, cream the butter, sugars, egg, and extracts.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, corn starch, backing soda, and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds. Mix.
- With a 1 inch cookie scoop, portion out balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. It should fit 15 balls per sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until just lightly browned around the bottom. Allow to cool on the sheet about 5-10 minutes, then finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- These will not be crumbly if allowed to cool fully before serving. They will keep in an airtight container for about a week, and will freeze for up to 6 months. This recipe doubles just fine.