I love coconut and chocolate. SO much. I also love almond flavoring in my cookies. This cookies combine all three into an amazing little cookie! They are shockingly good.
I use a 1″ cookie scoop to portion out the balls.
Almond Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp coconut extract if you don’t have it, you can leave it out
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp corn startch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds or crush whole almonds
- 1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, cream the butter, sugars, egg, and extracts.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, corn starch, backing soda, and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds. Mix.
- With a 1 inch cookie scoop, portion out balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. It should fit 15 balls per sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until just lightly browned around the bottom. Allow to cool on the sheet about 5-10 minutes, then finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- These will not be crumbly if allowed to cool fully before serving. They will keep in an airtight container for about a week, and will freeze for up to 6 months. This recipe doubles just fine.